Thursday, April 30, 2009

Great New Style Invention - The Nail Polish Pendant


Guest Beauty Blogger Wednesdays - The Nail Polish Pendant
Posted Apr 29th 2009 at 4:00PM by Laura Kenney



This week's Guest Beauty Blogger, All Lacquered Up, dishes on her newest discovery - nail polish pendants!


I'm always looking for creative uses for my beauty products. I love discovering new ways to utilize my overwhelming beauty arsenal and Total Beauty found a slew of innovative ways to turn beauty closet staples into multitaskers.

Well, have I got a new one for you. Like infomercial legend, Mike Levy and his crazy sweaters, I have found THE discovery for us nail polish fanatics.

The nail polish pendant! How many times have we described a polish as being jewel-like or having a jewel tone? And I know I can't be the only one who has tried to coordinate polish with my favorite gemstones. I mean, haven't you ever wished your favorite shade was jewelry? Wish no more! My genius pal Tracey from Ginger Kitty Designs has found a way to make that dream a reality. That's right, we're talking nail polish AS jewelry.

Twitter followers will recall my little freak a few weeks ago over a package I received in the mail. Wonder no more for this is what sent me into a frenzy. Tracey shipped her first batch of nail polish pendants, just in time for my cruise and needless to say, they're stunning.

What exactly are these nail polish pendants? Well, Tracey discovered a way to encapsulate nail polish in a pendant. It's sealed with a resin to give a glass like finish, making the polish appear like some rare, unique stone. Being the green queen that I am, Tracey turned two of my fave emerald shades into jewels using Barielle Date Night and Sinful San Francisco. Images really don't do them justice as they are beyond fantabulous in person. I showed them off at work before leaving and everyone was raving.
OK so are you totally dying for a nail polish pendant of your very own?. Well then head on over to Tracey's Etsy shop, Ginger Kitty Designs where she has a listing of pendant polish choices or you can discuss creating your own custom design.

All this amazingness for only $35. Can you even handle it?

What an awesome idea. For more ideas for women in NH & MA go to our website at www.applaudwomen.com. Do you have a beauty or fashion idea you would like to share? Email us at applaud@comcast.net

No comments: