Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Finding Something Positive on a Gloomy Day



I’ve been really trying to figure out how to keep my spirits up with all this gloomy weather. It’s bad enough for normal people but I’m one of the Seasonal Affective Disorder people. So when the sun isn’t out my energy and mood are pretty low. Yesterday was a serious chocolate crisis day. When I got up this morning to another rainy day I decided that I needed to try something else before I blow up into a balloon and float away (Wait a minute maybe I could float above the clouds).

I decided this morning that I needed to start focusing on the little things that brought a smile or laugh. For instance - My miniature dachshund eats to quickly. We mentioned this to our vet who advised us to buy this plastic dispenser that forces him to take more time to eat. So this morning I decided to try him at it. It’s a giant (almost half his size) purple plastic egg that screws together with the food in the middle and two holes on either side. It was so funny to watch him batty it around. At one point he managed to pick it up in his teeth by the lip of one side and throw it. Definitely took longer for him to get his food down and was a hoot to watch.

So I guess this bad weather has made it possible for me to enjoy the little things in life that I would have rushed through. Not too shabby.

For more information of interest to women in NH and northern MA visit our website at www.applaudwomen.com. We have a variety of articles, information, lists and links of interest to women in NH and northern MA. From links to Celebrity gossip; to articles written by local professionals on subject like Health, Parenting, Dating, Business, Home, Advice, Real Estate, Beauty, Fashion, Finance, Seniors and our core articles about Inspirational women. We also have listings of local restaurants, wedding professionals, seasonal activities and female doctors. Basically anything women in NH Or northern MA want to know, they’ll find it here. If there is anything you would like to share, feel free to contact us at applaud@comcast.net

No comments: