Saturday, July 11, 2009

Laughter - One of the Best Stress Reducers


I don’t usually share funny stories here but I think this one is worth sharing and it’s too long to write in Facebook. So we start from the premise that laughter is one of the best stress reducers ever. And, another thing that I have learned is that we need to give our inner child the rein occasionally because if we don’t she or he will break free when you least expect it and cause utter havoc. You can’t just put him or her in a closet and expect to never hear from them again. Children don’t have eternal patience and neither do your inner children.

So having learned from my father and grandfather how to safely let my inner child go free and that stress is a great way to keep things mellow I occasionally create funny situations in my home. My husband thank goodness shares my humor.

So for the funny story. My husband was getting ready to go out, putting on his sneakers, in fact. There was a pile of change on the dining room table and when he wasn’t looking I put it in his sneaker. Now normally this would be pretty funny when he put his foot in the sneaker but nothing happened. He laced up and stood to leave. Meanwhile I am on the deck viewing this and beginning to burst with laughter. Having known me for years he understand the signs and knows I did something.
He finally realizes that his foot doesn’t fit quite right and knows what I have done. We are now hysterically laughing. This little trick provided more laughter then I had anticipated.

So you say, I’m not laughing here. Guess this must be one of those locations jokes. If you don’t walk away laughing I hope this will serve to give you permission to bring a little silliness and laughter into your home during a time when many of us need it.

For more information, lists or articles of interest to women in New Hampshire or Massachusetts visit us at www.applaudwomen.com. We are the largest, most comprehensive website for local women. We deal with subjects like Health, Beauty, Fashion, Parenting, Dating, Business, Seniors and our most important issue - Inspirational Women (local, National and internations). We also have listing of local restuarants, wedding professionals and female doctors. If you have something you would like us to share please e-mail applaud@comcast.net.

No comments: