Wednesday, January 9, 2008

New Hampshire Primaries

So what do you all think about the primaries. Personally I'm a democrat so I really didn't pay much attention to the republican race but I'd love to hear who you voted for and why though. I voted for Hillary Clinton. While I attended the Oprah event at the Verizon and was very impressed with Obama (actually I was more impressed with his wife Michelle), I don't think he has the experience and I think his passions will cost us too much money to emplement at a time when we need to increase the treasury not decrease it. I would like to see him act as Governor before running for president. Yes, I realize that Hillary has only been in the Senate as well but she interned at the Presidential masters side. I very much doubt that she spent 8 years in the White House knitting sweaters when she had the opportunity to watch, look and listen to Bill Clinton run the country. I also think she has a stronger record of accomplishing what she sets out to do. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

On another note I am currently working on our next issue. We are looking for businesses and professionals to write articles on careers, makeovers and spring for our feature sections and on divorce, abuse, home and decorating topics, weight loss or fitness, weddings and health etc. As you know we offer our articles to our advertisers first so that they can get the benefit of the FREE PR. So if you know of anyone who would be interested please let me know - 603-895-4699 or susan@applaudonline.com. Please check out our website at www.applaudonline.com

As always if you have a question or issue that you would like to see posted please let me know and I will post it for you. My direct e-mail is sjcald@comcast.net. Please let you friends and family know about this blog so that we can continue to grow our community of NH women, sharing and supporting each other. Thank you Susan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a resident of Massachusetts, we haven't had our chance to vote yet.

I am sure that Hillary was an integral part of Bill Clinton's White House. I too am not sure if Obama has the experience to run the country yet.

On the Republican side John Mc Cain has a great deal of experience but at 71 years old, is he too old? Mitt Romney could be good for the New England area, what do you think?

Applaud Women said...

I did vote in the primary from Florida. I have voted from a small island in the Caribbean in the past. But this is the first time in a long time that I have had a candidate who espouses my own views. And I am fired up about the contest. Our country faces new challenges from unrelenting enemies. I am, however, very disappointed at how uninformed many people seem to be about the candidates. Even though we have so much information at hand, many voters still cast ballots with their heart and not their heads. Unfortunately some of my friends let the so called pundits decide for them. They regurgitate the 'party line'. This is not AMERICAN IDOL, this is about AMERICA'S LIFE. It is a time for reading, reflecting and voting with real information and not on looks, drama, and promises. Listen to the message but research the messenger.


Anne Armand

Anonymous said...

I proudly voted, but found I had a difficult time deciding on who deserved my vote. Although you made a distinction between head and heart, I feel that my heart gets at the core of my moral philosophy and I do not feel that I can, nor should separate these two.
I tried to ignore much of the political ads, but did watch the debate. Although overwhelming at first, I list who I would NOT vote for to narrow down my true possibilities and then based my choice on experience, my core issues and then good old gut instinct. Can't wait for the real election!
mgb

Anonymous said...

Could not resist commenting on the NH primary. I was rather shocked to see Hillary get such a high score. Seems most people have forgotten the 8-year Clinton legacy where we all were subjected to Mr. Clinton's paramours, then Whitewater, then Travelgate, then Hillary's billing records, then Campaign fund raising from the white house, then the Lincoln bedroom sleepovers and of course the suspicious Vince Foster suicide and the list goes on. My worst nightmare is another 8 years of Clintons. One should read Isikoff's book "Uncovering Clinton", along the FBI agent inside the WH at the time, Gary Aldrich, "Unlimited Access". Just a few authors with inside info on the Clinton regime. I've always been a registered independent voter, but find I like the tax cuts that the GOP offer and the right to make my own decisions w/o government interference, tho that is slowly eroding. Also, one should remember Al Qaeda was around a lot during Clinton's regime and yet ole William Jefferson did nothing but satisfy his sexual appetite. 'Nuf said. Dani Podvojsky