Thursday, May 14, 2009

Stood Up Resolved

Sadie Jackson, a fictional heroine, is back on the dating scene for the third time. After two trial marriages, she is bound and determined to get it right.She can be nauseatingly optimistic and enjoys recounting her dating experiences with humor and compassion.Follow her dating escapades in this work of fiction that will be updated on a regular basis. check out all her posts at http://cherivalentine.squarespace.com/sadie/

“Dear Sadie, please find in the attachment a copy of a receipt of a book purchased 5 minutes after we spoke on the phone this afternoon. I was at the bookstore as we agreed. I purchased a book to show you that I was there. Obviously you were upset today. I apologize if I contributed to that. However, I am not sure how. I arrived at the designated place early in anticipation of meeting you.


I am very confused that you did not see me. I am even more surprised that you hung up so abruptly. Maybe this is not such a good idea, although I like to give everything a chance of 3. Please consider giving it one more chance. Let’s scratch Barnes & Noble. Let’s meet for breakfast.”

Sadie is greeted by this email when she logs into her email account. The receipt clearly shows May 10th and it IS from Barnes & Noble. HOW CAN THAT BE?

“I was there!” she shouted to her laptop. “This is crazy!”

So of course, Sadie dialed Lindy’s number. “LIndy, you are not going to believe this. I am looking at a copy of a receipt that Bill emailed to me. He purchased a book at B&N today. The time confirms he was there. It makes no sense.”

“Hmmmm, that’s weird. Sadie, are you sure you knew what he looked like? You haven’t the best luck with meeting men who match their profile pictures?”

“Not again. If that’s the case, I really don’t want to meet him. He asked me for a third chance. None of this makes sense.”

“Sadie, I just thought of something. Look at the address on the receipt.”

“The address? Oh my goodness! LIndy this is so funny! He WAS at B&N, but in South Nashua! I was in Manchester. Now whose fault is that?”

“Sadie, knowing you the way I do, my bets are on you confusing the meeting place.”

“Lindy, that is so unfair. You know, come to think of it. We did not specify one. I guess I just assumed we’d meet there since he lives in Manchester.”

“Interesting, Sadie. I am guessing that because you live in Nashua, that he went there. This guy sounds pretty nice, actually.”

“He wants to meet for breakfast. Where should we go?”

“Why don’t you let him decide and make sure you get the address AND name of the place you are meeting. Oh, and Sadie, make sure you get the right day.”

“Very funny!”

1 comment:

Applaud Women said...

This is so cool!!! I'm so glad things turned out this way. I thought something must have gotten confused. This is so good! You might want to change the font in the beginning though as it's hard to read. You should write a book.