Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Summer Beauty Routines from Allure's Bloggers


Summer beauty routines

Peachygirl

Posts: 515
Member Since: 12/6/06
Summer beauty routines
Posted: May 25, 2009 10:06 AM

Now that the hot weather has arrived, is anybody changing up their beauty/hair routines?

I have been practicing updos and will try to let my hair air dry sometimes and put my hair in a fancy updo. I'm going to start with the gradual self-tanner today. I guess this means I have to shave my legs more often, lol.

I like to use a gel bronzer on my face in the summer, too, for an extra glow.


vixen07


Posts: 759
Member Since: 8/21/06
Re: Summer beauty routines
Posted: May 25, 2009 10:26 AM
in response to: Peachygirl
in response to: Peachygirl


Oh yes, I def. use bronzer!! I used to love Bonne Bell's gel bronzer...it was a great color, the only downfall was it didn't last very long. I'm really liking Artisry's bronzing powder but it's pretty concentrated so I have to be careful not to overdo it! The container should last me about 6 years, LOL!

BJ introduced me to Jergens natural glow for face and I love it (come to think of it, I love BJ too...she always gives me good advice)! I'm a self tanner addict!!! I'm thinking about trying that Costa Rica one that Michelle sells...everyone seems to like it! BJ- you should try it first and let me let me know, LOL!


PhatGirlSlim

Posts: 9,243
Member Since: 4/6/07
Re: Summer beauty routines
Posted: May 25, 2009 10:31 AM
in response to: Peachygirl
in response to: Peachygirl


Ah, yes... summer time skin care! Here in NY/NJ, it seems we went right from winter to summer.

When the weather warms, I pretty much stop cream cleansers in favor of ones that foam/lather. Last year, I did more clay masques, this year it will be dead sea masques (I'm an extra oily gal in the hot weather). I also put a leave in with sunscreen in my hair before bedtime and then again in the morning: in the cooler months, I just use hair sunscreen in the morning. I also do less AHA peels, since my skin kind of "regenerates" more (for lack of a better word) in the warm weather AND since AHA make one more sensitive to the sun. This is the first summer that I have a sunscreen (Burn out) that doesn't irritate me, so I am fairly excited to see how well it will perform!!!

Again, this is my first summer with my new skin (aka no more acne scars!!!!) so no face makeup for me. I haven't worn any foundation or powder in months. In the summer, though, I use more oil blotting papers. I think I may even wean blush out of my makeup routine... we'll see.


Peachygirl

Posts: 515
Member Since: 12/6/06
Re: Summer beauty routines
Posted: May 25, 2009 10:42 AM
in response to: PhatGirlSlim
in response to: PhatGirlSlim


Does that mean no slut red lipstick during the summer months?

I also bought a 1940s style bathing suit this past weekend. I got it at Target - it is so cute. The front and back are ruched - the ruching kind of starts at the outer part and meets in the middle. It looks like mini-dress that Paris Hilton would wear - the ruching just covers my butt. Now I just have to get my legs in shape - that is the other thing I am doing for summer -trying to do lots of squats to get my upper thighs in better shape.

email friend | report thread

Peachygirl
Posts: 515
Member Since: 12/6/06
Re: Summer beauty routines
Posted: May 25, 2009 6:31 PM
in response to: Peachygirl
in response to: Peachygirl


I am also channeling my inner Italian goddess and have bought a bunch of pretty scarfs to wear on my head like Sophia Loren!


PhatGirlSlim

Posts: 9,243
Member Since: 4/6/07
Re: Summer beauty routines
Posted: May 26, 2009 4:42 AM
in response to: Peachygirl
in response to: Peachygirl


Don't be silly, Peachy! I would never give up slut red lipstick!

I forgot to add to the first post, I also switch from body creme/butter to lotion...AND I use salt foot scrub every day instead of every couple of days. I guess there ARE a lot of "little" tweaks to the rituals. I DO enjoy them so much! It's fun being a girlie girl!!!!!

Message was edited by: PhatGirlSlim

For more information and articles of interest to women in NH and MA check out our website at www.applaudwomen.com.

No comments: